Maserati 250F (German GP) 1957
Designed for the 2.5 litre Formula 1 regulations new for the 1954 season, the 250F followed the lines of Maserati’s Formula 2 racers of 1952 and 1953. A simple tubular frame carried the suspension, aluminium body panels and engine. The front suspension was independent by wishbones and coil springs. The rear used a DeDion type axle, made popular by the front engined Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix racers of the 1930s.