Ferrari 315 1957
Fitted with a V12 with four chain-driven overhead camshafts, the 315 S was a update to the single camshaft engine. Development for the 315 concentrated on the engine which used new cylinder heads designed by chief engineer Jano Vittorio. They included his classic twin overhead cam layout – the same he had just applied to Lancia’s V8. With the new cylinder heads that bolted straight onto the 1956 block, power was up to 330 bhp and redline was increased from 6500 to 8000 rpm.